A production crew for the Animal Planet show, “Bad Dog” came out and filmed the camels for almost 10 hours this week (for a 5-8 minute segment!). It was a long and exhausting day, but a completely unique experience. And now you can see Baby and Nessie on television this fall!
Bad Dog showcases mischievous animal behavior in a humorous light. I never saw the show myself, but I watched some clips of it online and it just looked like silly fun. The production crew decided to focus on many of the behaviors that Baby displayed when he was an intact adolescent or aka his wild teenage years.
So we had to re-create a lot of scenes and moments of things Baby really doesn’t do anymore (bust up fences, grab objects from you, obsess over cars, eat my garden : ) ).
As contrast to my great relationship with my camels, the crew asked my friend to participate. She’s always been nervous around Baby, so they really played that up.
Once I find out an air date, I’ll post it. Until then, check out some footage my friend and I shot during the filming. And yeah, my friend isn’t the best with handling a camera. And the wind isn’t the best at shutting up…
In the video…
– Mackenzie being interviewed about why she’s nervous around the camels
– Baby interacting with the crew
– Me trying to get Nessie to stomp and buck
– Me moving Nessie out of a shot
– Baby wearing a go-pro camera!
– Mackenzie wearing a go-pro camera to film her POV as she runs into the house away from Baby
– Mackenzie trying to get Baby to snatch a water bottle and then a plastic cup from her
– The crew filming us with the dogs
(Transcript from the intro [sort of])