Mail on Sunday Editor Targeted By Glenn Mulcaire.
Click the link below to SUBSCRIBE to the ‘News of the World Phone Hacking’ YouTube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?annotation_id=annotation_732456&add_user=NOTWPhoneHacking&feature=iv
For upto date news on the hacking scandal, follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/#!/NOTW_Hack_News
Police have told two senior Mail On Sunday journalists their phones may have been hacked by private investigator Glenn Mulcaire.
Their names have been found in notebooks belonging to Mulcaire, who was hired by the News Of The World and jailed in 2007 for phone hacking.
One of the journalists is former news editor Sebastian Hamilton while the other is ex-investigations editor Dennis Rice, the Mail On Sunday confirmed.
Four years ago, Mulcaire was sentenced to six months in prison for plotting to hack into the telephone messages of Royal aides.
Police have said around 4,000 people could have had their phones targeted as officers continue their investigation, named Operation Weeting, into the phone-hacking scandal.
A spokesman for the newspaper said:
“I can confirm that two senior journalists have been contacted by Operation Weeting officers and told that their phones may have been hacked by Glenn Mulcaire.”
It has previously been reported that Mr Rice was launching legal action against the News Of The World over the alleged hacking.
Saturday 16th July 2011