The Pelagornis is one of the two new dinos introduced in the update 245 for Ark: Survival Evolved. The pelagornis (pelican for short) is not much a fighting bird at all. It can’t even pick up pick. But, it makes up for that with its versatility. Its favorite kibble is Compy kibble.
Need a powerful server? We got you! Check out Host Havoc and support us by using this link!
Wild: The much larger ancestor of water birds like the stork or pelican, Pelagornis miocaenus shares many traits with its modern-day brethren. However, it seems to spend much more time hunting for fish over the open deep-sea.
Domesticated: Because of its ability to fly, walk, and surface-swim, a tamed Pelagornis is one of the island’s most versatile mounts, but this comes at a cost. The same webbed feet that allow Pelagornis to serenely maneuver along the ocean’s surface prevent it from snatching prey from the ground, which may limit its appeal to some survivors.
Known Information: In fact, I have rarely spotted a wild Pelagornis anywhere near the coasts of the main Island, as it prefers to rest its wings by paddling along on the ocean’s surface rather than waddling along the Island’s beaches. Perhaps this behavior is a result of its survival instincts. The early Miocene was a post-dinosaur epoch, after all, and Pelagornis would not be accustomed to such predators. Considering how quickly it flees from humans, one can hardly blame its caution.
A relative of modern seagulls, Pelagornis is instantly recognizable from the more common Icthyornis by its size. With a wingspan rivaling Argentavis, it also possesses a beak filled with tooth-like projections for snagging fish, as well as webbed feet for paddling upon the ocean surface when it must rest its wings.
The most effective strategy for downing Pelagornis is to use a regular bow with tranquilizer arrows. Crossbows and compound bows will usually kill them before actually downing them due to their low amount of health.
Best way to down them seems to shoot them, when they’re swimming, so they don’t drown.
Here are some fast facts below
Favorite kibble is Compy egg
Won’t eat raw meat. Only Fish.
You can place rafts while riding on one
The dossier was revealed on 05/30/16.
The Pelagornis miocaenus is the same name as the type species of genus Pelagornis, the genus name means ‘miocene’ in Latin.
With a wingspan of around 6 m (20 ft), Pelagornis was one of the longest wingspan flying birds in history (Argentavis could have been bigger, but its wingspan is unknown).
Take a look at what’s new to patch 245 here:
* TheCenter mega-update! (New Biomes, New Islands, New Caves & Creature Spawns, etc)
* New Official Total Conversion: Primitive+, optimized, ‘completed’, and packaged as Free DLC
* New Creature: Pelagornis!
* New Creature: Allosaurus!
* New Item: Fishing Rod + Fishing Mechanic! (Just Sap and Leech Blood baits for now, but many more baits will be added in the next day!)
* New Structure: Industrial Grinder: grinds items into a portion of their crafting resources, converts resources into simpler resources
* New Structure: Spiral Staircase (Stone/Wood/Metal)
* New Mechanic: Optional Hitmarkers for ranged attacks (server can toggle them, as well as client if the server allows it). Default enabled, “?AllowHitMarkers=false” to disable. Also, server crosshair is now enabled by default, “?ServerCrosshair=false” to disable. There are now client options to disable these effects locally as well.
* Building Attack/Destruction TribeLogs
* UI Option to colorize item name texts based on quality level.
* Offline Raid Protection mode now disables PIN Locking, and Structures in Caves no longer get ORP.
►PATREON – https://www.patreon.com/ThickFreedom
Tweets by ThickFreedom
Tweets by nakedzombo
►DISCORD – https://discord.gg/SpffAvJ
►THE SHAFT PUBLIC PVP THE CENTER SERVER ! https://arkservers.net/server/22.214.171.124:27069
– PVP STEAM GROUP http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thickfreedompvp
►THE SHAFT PUBLIC RP THE CENTER SERVER !
– RP STEAM GROUP http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thickfreedomrp